QueryTracker.net: Think Like an Author

Wonderful essay on what it means to be an author.  We all have different goals from this career choice, and I think it's important that authors recognize that within one another, if they want to form community with each other.  :D

Personally, I have always struggled to find fellow writers who had similar career goals as myself.  The rare times I do, I've had to deal with professional jealousy and competition at some point!  It makes me very sad, because when my friends succeed, I am happy for them!  Why shouldn't they be happy for me?

I'm not out to win any contests, just to be the best I can be, personally.  It's not about me being a better author than you, or you, or you.  It's about connecting with the reader.  I hope you're a reader!  And I hope to share readers with you!  We don't have to "compete" for us to both win!

QueryTracker.net: Think Like an Author: Courtesy of mrpac-man Finding success in publishing is tricky. For one, not everyone defines success the same way. For some, it's e...

Comments